Thursday, July 12, 2012

Embroidery panels

The last couple of weeks I made a panel that has some machine embroidery stitching, hand embroidery and some free motion stitching also.......I also added some old ric rac and some buttons..........then I made it into a bag..........My piece was inspired by a photo I saw in Quilting Arts magazine from a couple of months ago.....sorry I don't know the lady is.......( will find out and post her name later on )....I don't think it is anything like that ladies work though....... I took it along to show the Thursday ladies and they all wanted to make one as well......so at our last Project Day the ladies got started on their own panel.........

Angela

Julie
As you can see Angela and Julie have added some fabric on their panel as well.......
love the buttons on Julie's.........

Patsy

June
The ladies started out with a fat 1/4 and had some iron on interfacing on the back......we then marked a dividing line with a iron out pen and then they selected a design on their machines and stitched over the line.........after doing this a couple of times, they didn't need to mark a line anymore.......they had so much fun trying out some of the embroidery stitches on their machines.......I can't wait to see the finished pieces......




This is Patsy second cushion cover from last months Project Day........

until next time happy stitching ---------- Cathy


No comments:

Post a Comment